By Cynthia Parzych
Walk during the battlefield of Antietam with those that fought there
The conflict of Antietam, waged on September 17, 1862, marked the bloodiest unmarried day's scuffling with in American historical past. 5 days later, President Abraham Lincoln issued the initial Emancipation Proclamation. This e-book brings you face-to-face as by no means ahead of with the folk and occasions that formed this epic occasion. It features:
- An creation discussing the heritage and upkeep of the present-day site
- A timeline that provides additional texture to the heritage described
- Concise biographies of key participants
- A historic tour
- the place to stick and consume, and areas to go to within reach
- Archival and colour images throughout
- PopOut maps—an archival map exhibiting the conflict because it unraveled, and one other exhibiting a similar situation at the present time
About the Timeline series
These distinctive books convey you eyeball to eyeball with the folks and occasions that experience formed American background and who've left their mark on a number of the nation's most crucial historic landmarks and destinations.
Read or Download Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline) PDF
Similar us travel books
Rediscover the easy pleasures of an afternoon journey with Day journeys from Albuquerque. This advisor is full of 1000s of fascinating issues for locals and tourists to do, see, and discover within a two-hour force of the Albuquerque metro area.
Your go back and forth vacation spot. your house. Your Home-To-Be. Kansas CityWorld-class museums. historical jazz golf equipment. Romantic cafes. Riverboat casinos. High-end food. Down-home barbecues. • A own, sensible standpoint for tourists and citizens alike• Comprehensive listings of sights, eating places, and accommodations• How to reside & thrive within the area—from game to relocation• Countless info on buying, arts & leisure, and children’s actions
Perception publications: Inspiring your subsequent adventureThe Southwestern country of Arizona deals magnificent surroundings, exciting adventures and a mixture of local American, Hispanic and Anglo cultures, plus greater than three hundred days of light a 12 months. Be encouraged to go to by means of the recent variation of perception advisor Arizona and the Grand Canyon, a finished full-colour consultant to this epic sector, masking its many nationwide parks and barren region components, in addition to fascinating cities like Bisbee and Patagonia and the towns of Phoenix and Tucson.
Ny, manhattan – a loopy cover of evolving neighborhoods, tendencies, and tastes, and residential to natives and novices of each nationality, ethnicity, and outlook. manhattan City's historical past and grand goals reside in each road, park, and hidden alleyway. This strange guidebook invitations the adventurous and curious to discover a wildly diversified number of little-known locations, together with: a trapeze university, an immense Buddha in a former porno theater, a Coney Island sideshow, Louis Armstrong's domestic, a important Park croquet courtroom, a Gatsby-era speakeasy, and a mystery balcony the place slaves worshipped two hundred years in the past.
- Ultimate Acadia: 50 Reasons to Visit Maine's National Park
- Romancing the Roads: A Driving Diva's Firsthand Guide, West of the Mississippi
- Moon Take a Hike Phoenix: Hikes Within Two Hours of the City (Moon Outdoors)
- Chronicles of Old Chicago: Exploring the History and Lore of the Windy City (Chronicles Series)
Extra resources for Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline)
Antietam: A Guided Tour Through History (Timeline) by Cynthia Parzych